Everyone wants to look slim and fit, however, you first need to get rid of that annoying belly fat first. Getting that six-pack abs or a tight stomach is usually the ultimate goal for you wanting to go to the gym or starting a diet program.
Here are 12 proven exercises that will help you lose belly fat fast and achieve your physique goals. Make sure to mix it up and do between 15-30 minutes each day to see great results. It is a good idea to do each exercise 3 times in a workout.
Crunches are an effective exercise to help lose excess belly fat.
There are several types of crunch exercises you can do:
- A bicycle crunch which is done lying down on your back and moving your legs like you are cycling
- A reverse crunch involves lying down on your back with your hands under your body, then lift your legs to your chest then raising your whole lower body up towards the ceiling.
- A long arm crunch that is also done lying on your back with your hands stretched to the top of your head on the floor. Raise your upper body to meet your raised knees and lie on your back again slowly.
2. Oblique burners
This is a standing core body exercise. It is another effective exercise to lose belly fat fast as it stretches and strengthens your abs.
- You just need to stand up straight with your feet apart and your hands on your head.
- With your knees bent, bend to your right and then move your right hand from behind your head to behind the knee of your right leg.
Planks are an effective exercise to target your belly’s muscles, firming them up and clearing up your belly fat.
The side plank lift is the most popular and effective of plank exercises. The proper steps are:
- Lying on your side and supporting yourself with your elbow to lift your body.
- While holding that position, move your body up and down while tensing your core.
4. The leg lift
As the name suggests, the leg lift is an exercise that targets the ab muscles area by raising your leg towards the ceiling.
- Lie flat on your back with your hands flat by your side.
- Lift your lower legs towards the ceiling. Press your lower back onto the floor.
- Keep your legs together. The inner thighs should touch.
- Inhale when going up; exhale when coming down.
5. Squat jump
A highly effective exercise to shed belly fat and get the blood flowing.
- Stand straight with your legs apart and your hands behind your ears.
- Bend down and put your lower body 90 degrees to your upper body (squat down position)
- Jump up on your tiptoe, lift your hands in front of your body and go back to a squatting position again.
6. Criss Cross
Criss Cross exercise enables you to target your belly muscles and your thigh muscles enabling you to lose belly fat fast.
- Lie flat on your back with your hands behind your head
- Raise your upper body and your right leg at the knees.
- Twist your body so that your left elbow touches your right knee. Repeat with your left leg and right elbow.
- Repeat with your left leg and right elbow.
7. Reverse Curl
Lying flat on your back, raise your legs with the knees bent. Let the knees press on your ab muscles. Keep your hands behind your head and your hips off the floor. These abs workouts lose belly fat.
8. Cross Climber
I thought you might be sick of lying on your back so here’s something different.
- Lie down on your stomach and use your hands to support your body so that you are not touching the ground.
- With your feet wide apart, lift and bend your left knee to touch your right elbow do the same for your right knee.
- Repeat for your right knee.
Here’s more unique exercises to lose belly fat fast.
This is one of my favorite abs exercises and it’s been working well for me.
- Lie on your back with your hands behind your head and your legs flat on the ground
- Twist to your side and lift your right hand to your raised left knee and repeat for each side of your body.
- Repeat for each side of your body and do as many sets as you can.
Sit-ups are a common exercise that targets core well.
- It starts with you lying flat on your back with your hands behind your head and your knees slightly raised.
- Using your ab muscles, try and lift your upper body to your knees.
This exercise may take some getting used to. You can have a partner hold your knees in place until you can do them on your own.
Jogging is an effective exercise for a great body. To jog, all you need is to have the right running shoes and a long enough distance for you to break a sweat. This helps break down the fat in your whole body.
12. Brisk walking
Brisk walking helps to not only burn calories but also lose belly fat. How often and how long you do the exercise is what will determine results. Do not rely too much on the intensity. Rather, concentrate on duration as well as frequency.
Daily brisk walking is recommended. 15-20 minutes are enough exercise for a brisk walk.
The above 12 ab exercises are a good starting point to lose that belly fat. If you do this consistently for 15 to 30 minutes per day you will start to develop a tight flat stomach and have the beautiful body you desire.