Does walking help weight loss? Absolutely! It is one of the best ways to lose and control weight. Walking to lose weight is really possible!
Walking is a simple physical activity that burns calories with every step. If you walk a mile a day, you are losing about 100 calories. 
The faster you walk, the more calories you burn. The equation is simple!
Weight loss has tremendous health benefits that make walking an ideal exercise. [More on it below]
Here is how to lose weight by walking.
1. Develop a Positive Attitude
A positive attitude does half the work when it comes to making walking for weight loss plan.
Only a positive attitude will push you toward the goal – weight loss in your case.
When you think positively, favorable changes begin to happen to your body :
- Stress level goes down.
- Immunity gets better.
- You outperform others.
So, convince yourself that you’re on a mission! Make a habit of walking daily.
2. Start Somewhere, Anywhere
There is never a right time. There is no tomorrow. Just start today!
- Start slow and build up the pace to burn more calories.
- If you are obese, keep pace slow-to-normal and walk for longer distances. You will burn more calories.
- Walk 10,000 steps a day. This may seem overwhelming in the beginning but will eventually help lose one pound a day.
3. Keep Expectations in Check
The worst thing you could do to yourself is to harbor unrealistic expectations. Don’t ask how much walking to lose weight do I need? Instead:
- Keep expectations low when you are new to walking. Don’t set the bar too high.
- Build up endurance by walking at a pace where you can talk comfortably.
- Time the walking interval – 10-15 minutes or whatever leaves you energized as opposed to exhausted.
4. Set Achievable Goals
You may be getting upset that things are taking longer than what you expected but every walking to lose weight plan works when goals are attainable:
- Aim to lose 1-2 pounds per week by walking 30-minutes a day & consuming 500-1000 fewer calories.
- Lose 5% of current weight in the first month. If you are 200 pounds, that’s about 10 pounds. This will control and regulate blood pressure, blood sugar, breathing, stress, and sleep.
5. Eat Healthily
A healthy lifestyle for weight loss requires both physical activity and dietary changes. You can do the following to help with weight loss, however, if you want to know the program I personally followed to successfully lose weight then click here to check it out.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains 3-4 times a day.
- Eat healthy fats, i.e., olive oil, avocado, fish
- Cut down on sugar and eat lean meat and low-fat dairy
6. Stay Motivated & Self-Monitor
Grab a pen and paper; make a list of things that motivate you. It’s important.
Ask yourself; am I losing weight because of an upcoming event or just for overall health?
Then look for ways to stay focused!
- Join a support group. Talking to people going through the same struggles as you is one way of staying motivated. 
- Track progress by taking before and after photos.
- Weigh-in weekly and maintain a log on fitness apps such as FitNow, Lose it! & WW.
7. Time Your Walk
Some people believe the best time to walk is 1-2 hours after a meal but research has proven otherwise. Walking right after meal burns more fat by controlling blood sugar and obesity hormone (insulin). 
Walking for weight loss can be achieved if you develop a positive attitude, eat healthily and stay motivated.
So what are you waiting for? Go out and get that fresh air and a new body.