How does Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) help you to lose weight fast? Explore its benefits and know how to use it, as noted in this article.
First, let’s understand what ACV is and how it helps shed kilos and keep you healthy.
A. What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
ACV is a low-calorie solution made with apple pulps, yeast, and bacteria. Crushed apples are mixed with yeast and bacteria to convert sugar à alcohol à acetic acid. One tablespoon of ACV contains about 3 calories.
Acetic acid is a weak acid that prevents bacterial growth and prevents fat accumulation in the body.
ACV also contains traces of potassium, amino acids, and antioxidants that promote weight loss.
Tremendous research conducted on health and weight loss effects of ACV has proven it’s perhaps one of the best and safest means of losing weight. 
Let’s see how it can help you!
B. How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
1. Determine Dose per Day
To optimize the benefits of ACV, you must time its consumption and ensure you are taking the right quantity. You must also ascertain the frequency of intake in order to avoid an overdose.
Here is what you need to do:
- Mix one tbsp. of ACV to one glass of water (8 oz).
- Start with one glass of ACV water a day.
- Allow your body to adjust to the new substance.
- Gradually add another glass over days.
The purpose is to stabilize your body to the maximum dose of three glasses a day. Don’t drink any more than that.
Similarly, the amount of apple cider vinegar should be built up to 2 tablespoons per glass over time.
Apple cider vinegar weight loss recipe has a sour and pungent taste that can be masked with honey or mint.
2. Know Best Time of the Day to Drink ACV
Now the big question – the best time to drink apple cider vinegar?
Well, it has to be scheduled strategically.
- Drink the first drink half-an-hour before your meal. This will suppress appetite making you eat less than you normally do.
- Save a second drink for the time when food vision and cravings grip you. This is the most vulnerable time of the day where you are likely to munch endlessly on carbs! ACV will come handy here. Sip on the drink before falling victim to snack-craving.
3. Make Healthy ACV Drinks
The following ACV recipes are simple and quick.
By far the simplest recipe – all you have to do is mix 1–2 tbsp of ACV in a glass (8 oz) of water.
Lemon Water & ACV
To aid weight loss and boost the immune system with a healthy dose of vitamin C and anti-oxidants, add lemon to ACV.
Mix one tbsp of ACV to one cup of water containing lemon (1 tbsp). Add cinnamon or honey for taste.
Green Tea & ACV
Another way of speeding up weight loss is to add a tbsp of ACV in one cup (8 oz) of green tea.
Green tea speeds up weight loss by burning fat, increasing metabolism, and flushing toxins out of the body.
If you do not like the sour taste of ACV, add raw honey.
C. Here is How ACV Helps in Weight Loss
1. It Balances Blood Sugar and Insulin to Control Cravings
ACV balances blood sugar and insulin. Blood glucose level increases after every meal; insulin – a hormone releases by the pancreas – helps glucose enter cells. Glucose gives you the energy to carry out day-to-day activities.
Insulin is an obesity hormone. It increases fat deposits in the body, particularly around the waistline.
The more the sugar in the blood = the higher the level of insulin = perfect recipe for obesity
ACV decreases insulin release by delaying carbohydrate (glucose) absorption from the gut.
Once sugar and insulin are balanced, you will notice fewer food cravings. 
With this, you will lose weight fast once your cravings are controlled.
2. It Burns Fat by Building up Resistance
ACV works by preventing fat accumulation in the body. You gain weight when your body does not resist fat storage. Acetic acid – an essential component of the ACV – powerfully resists fat accumulation by:
- Reducing appetite
- Increasing fat burning
- Improving sugar-insulin response
When fat burns, you lose weight. Therefore, ACV is a great idea to lose weight fast.
3. It Speeds up Metabolism
ACV speeds up metabolism to the point where stored fat starts burning to release energy. The body uses this energy as a primary fuel.
The faster the burning rate, the more the weight loss.
4. It Detoxifies the Digestive System by Removing Toxins
The reason behind the immense popularity of apple cider detoxification is that raw, unfiltered AVC contains “the mother” – bacteria added during fermentation to turn alcohol into acetic acid.
- The mother has several probiotics, vitamins, and minerals, which help eliminate toxins and harmful bacteria from the body.
- The apple cider detox also contains enzymes that boost immunity and maintain a healthy pH balance in the body.
When your body is detoxified, the digestive system smoothly discards the waste.
5. It Reduces Hunger by Providing a Feeling of Fullness
Apple cider vinegar suppresses appetite by keeping you full for a long time. Studies suggest that if you consume ACV with a meal, you will feel 2x fuller than when you eat a meal without it. 
Thus, it will surely help you lose weight fast.
6. Other Benefits of ACV Include:
- ACV helps maintain good cardiovascular health.
- It balances the natural pH of the body to ease digestion.
- It helps eliminate belly fat. Daily consumption of 1-2 tbsp of ACV visibly reduces belly fat in 1-3 months. 
- It suppresses untimely food cravings, particularly linked with carbohydrates.
- It detoxifies the liver and enables healthy bodily functions.
- It keeps the immune system healthy and helps fight disease.
- The antioxidants present in ACV delay aging by preventing cellular wear and tear and enhancing natural cell repair.
- It strengthens bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- It reduces blood circulation of waste products (free radicals) which in turn keep diseases such as arthritis at bay.
- It has anti-cancer properties and may also prevent cancer cell growth.
- It fades away the scars, pigmentation, and blemishes.
- It improves overall hair health by balancing the scalp and hair pH levels.
- It prevents hair fall and lends glossy shine.
- It kills nail and skin fungus.
D. Where to Get Apple Cider Vinegar From?
Now comes the tough question – which ACV brand to buy?
It’s not an easy question to answer since there are many brands with each claiming to be as pure and effective as the other.
I have done research and here is my honest opinion.
You should buy Braggs apple cider vinegar weight loss because it is raw, organic and unfiltered. It includes the mother that is a rich source of enzymes and probiotics.
One bottle is good for 3–5 years and doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It is safe if you have food allergies or gluten intolerances.
The store-bought ACVs are mostly filtered of the “mother” because it makes the cider murky and muddy. I don’t recommend such brands because the secret to health and weight loss lies in the unfiltered, raw AVC.
Top weight loss tips can’t be complete without incorporating low-calorie ACV into your daily routine. It makes the weight loss journey both simple and pleasurable.
Make sure you take the right amount of vinegar at the right time to make most out of its weight loss potential.