The word “diet” is often mistaken for starvation. Trust me this is so not what I have in mind! I am talking about a 3-day detox cleanse program that involves eating clean and healthy so that you can:
- Remove toxins from the body
- Lose weight
- Have a radiant skin, and
- Have overall positive energy to go through otherwise stressful days
Why is it Important to Get Rid of Toxins through Detox Diet?
Over time your body gets loaded with toxins coming with food and environment. Toxins are responsible for weight gain, constipation, tiredness, acne, and bad bread.
Weight loss detox is a short-term fruit and vegetable-based diet that flushes toxins out of the body. Fruits and vegetables are a rich source of polyphenols that act as natural antibiotics and kill harmful bacteria and toxins. Greens also contain fiber that controls insulin resistance and blood pressure and lowers the risk of colon cancer. 
Why the 3-Day Detox Plan is Ideal for Weight Loss?
3-Day detox cleanse for weight loss has been proven to be effective in the majority of the people. The duration is ideal for altering gut bacteria (Firmicutes) responsible for weight gain. The weight loss with the juice-based diet persists for over two weeks. 
The purpose of a detox diet plan is to restore health. For three days, you have to stay away from heavy, starchy and processed food to give body ample time to naturally cleanse itself.
Here is what happens to your body in these three days:
- Day 1st gives your body the much-needed break from the cycle of heavy and unhealthy eating.
- Day 2nd mitigates food cravings and calms nerves.
- Day 3rd leaves you feeling feather-light and full of positive energy.
By the end of the third day you should be feeling rejuvenated and light by courtesy of comprehensive cleansing and detoxification.
3-Day Detox Diet Plan
Here is the simple and easy-to-follow 3-day diet plan containing yummy recipes and detox drinks to cleanse out your body. You can also use the plan to schedule a cleanse detox flush in case a big day is coming up.
Treat yourself to Rainbow bowl first thing in the morning. You’ll need:
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- Few different fruits and nuts
In a small bowl, add chia seeds and milk, and leave it overnight. You’ll find them thoroughly soaked and gooey the next morning. If you feel the need, add more milk. Then top chia seeds with colorful fruits and nuts. There, you are good to enjoy nutrition-packed breakfast.
- Tiny black-seeds contain fiber and fatty acids e.g., omega-3s, protein, calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- Nuts are a natural source of fiber and omega-3s
- Fruits contain polyphenols and vitamins.
- One cup of Rainbow bowl contains 128kcal.
Crunchy Detox Salad
This crunchy detox salad is extremely light yet stuffing. Vegetables provide healthy detox to lose weight.
- 1-cup chopped vegetables including cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, and celery stalks
- ½ cup almonds, sunflower seeds, and raisins
- 1-tbsp olive oil
- 2-tbsp cup lemon juice
- 1-tbsp honey
- Some salt
Add everything in a bowl and whisk well, and sprinkle salt and lemon juice generously. Lemon juice is an essential ingredient in weight-loss detox diet plans. 
It tastes even better if you let the salad sit in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
1 cup contains 175kcal.
Detox Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Made of lean chicken breast and vegetables, detox soup is a rich source of proteins and vitamins. You’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1oz chicken breast
- Some red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper
- 1 medium bowl made of chopped onion, leek, carrot, mushrooms, cabbage, and bay leaves
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp pearl barley
Stir-fry chicken and vegetables separately in olive oil, salt, and red & black pepper for 5–10 minutes. Shred chicken and simmer it in broth for 15 minutes. Add vegetables and mushrooms just a minute before scooping out.
- One cup of detox soup contains 91 kcal.
- Antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins stimulate liver enzymes to help remove toxins from the body.
There is nothing more detoxifying than clean water! Yes, you heard it right. So drink lots and lots of water. You can make it more effective by adding chia seeds (1oz = 139kcal) with a dash of lemon juice. Drink as much fresh juice as possible.
Continue Detox Diet Plan for 3 days to give your body the break it deserves from diet pollution. You will feel so light and energized; you’d want to do it over and over again.